Source – landthink.com
- “…Nothing allows you to live out your personal values like living out on acreage. Outside the confines of city streets, Home Owners Associations, and the view of your neighbors, you can be you. This is one of the reasons my family loves living way away from it all. The longer the COVID crisis continues, the more I believe that we continue to see a strong demand for rural land”
Safer on YOUR Acres
To say 2020 has been unusual is an understatement. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, beginning in March, many states began issuing “Safer at Home” orders. These orders encouraged people to stay at home, indoors, and to distance ourselves from other people.
For many people, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought things to the forefront of their minds that perhaps had been stuffed to the back. Everyone was suddenly confronted with decisions about distancing themselves from others, the security and availability of their food, and the definition of economic stability.
In the past few months, I have had many conversations with people who are seeking to exercise more control over the safety and security of their family by looking to purchase land for sale. Their motivations vary, but one common thread is that they have a vision for how they want their families to live, and the solution is finding a place to make that vision a reality.
Here are some of the main reasons that people tell me they are looking to purchase rural land:
- Peace and privacy, away from other people
- Room to grow and hunt your own food
- Land is a more stable investment
- Freedom to do what you want to do
- Helping connect your family to what is important in life
- Slower pace of life
- Satisfaction of improving and managing a piece of land
- Enjoyment of nature and God’s creation
In response to the orders and the response I have seen from it, I started this “Safer on YOUR Acres” initiative.
The COVID crisis is motivating healthy people to get outdoors and enjoy nature. In Alabama this spring, turkey harvest reports were up 53% over last year’s hunting season. States are reporting dramatic increases in hunting and fishing license sales. Firearm sales are near record-breaking each month. The public is turning their attention to getting out and enjoying nature.
This concept of “Safer on Your Acres” is not about scaring anyone into making a real estate purchase. The impetus is allowing you to achieve the vision for your life that brings you the most security and enjoyment. Many people agree that is best accomplished by having a safe place; and rural acreage is often the most desirable location.
Nothing allows you to live out your personal values like living out on acreage. Outside the confines of city streets, Home Owners Associations, and the view of your neighbors, you can be you. This is one of the reasons my family loves living way away from it all. The longer the COVID crisis continues, the more I believe that we continue to see a strong demand for rural land.
Categories: Holistic & Resilient Living